This week Startup America Partnership announced its founding board, and did they ever do good!
Each and every one of these new 11 board members is an entrepreneur, and not just “any” entrepreneur.
This is a team of eleven of America’s road-tested, time-proven, elevator-pitch giving entrepreneurs, each of whom founded the company he or she now leads.
Here’s the list:
- Tory Burch, CEO and CCO, Tory Burch LLC
- Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO, Dell, Inc.
- Raul Fernandez, Chairman, ObjectVideo, Inc.
- Reed Hastings, Chairman, President, and CEO, Netflix, Inc.
- Reid Hoffman, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, LinkedIn
- Magic Johnson, Founder and CEO, Magic Johnson Enterprises
- Lynn Jurich, President and Co-Founder, SunRun, Inc.
- Kevin Plank, Chairman, President, and CEO, Under Armour, Inc.
- Pamela Reilly Contag, CEO, Cygnet Biofuels
- Fred Smith, Chairman, President, and CEO, FedEx Corporation
- Nina Vaca-Humrichouse, CEO, Pinnacle Technical Resources, Inc.
These superstars join Startup America Chairman Steve Case, co-founder of AOL, Startup America CEO Scott Case, Startup America CEO (no relation to Steve), and Carl Schramm, president and CEO of the Kauffman Foundation.
A quick reminder about Startup America: This private sector organization was founded to help young companies succeed to create job growth in America.
A second quick reminder: Almost all net new job growth over the last 25 years came from companies that were less than five years old.
A third quick reminder: A strong and engaged board of directors is one of the best assets an entrepreneur can have.
I can’t think of any better way to help entrepreneurial company gain traction and grow than to build a board of directors with relevant experience. I also can’t think of a better way to direct the resources and energy of Startup America in a way to accelerate the entrepreneurial ecosystem across America than to build a board like this one.